> Salvation 救恩 calvaryjaya.org/salvation
> About Us calvaryjaya.org/about | 关于我们
> Leaders & Ministries calvaryjaya.org/ministries | 领导人 & 事工
Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship
Calvary reminds us of God's amazing love when He "spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all" (Romans 8:32), and "made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).
Calvary is the focal point and power of our ministry, "for the preaching of the cross... unto us which are saved it is the power of God" (1 Corinthians 1:18).
"Bible" calls us back to the infallible, inerrant, inspired Word of God. On this Word is founded all our preaching, our faith, our practice, and our entire ministry.
Our Bible is the Sixteenth Century Reformation Bible, the Authorised or King James Version, the most faithful and accurate of all translations; wherefore all our teaching and preaching and writing is based on the King James Bible.
Our fellowship or church is "Presbyterian" because our system of government and administration is by "Presbyters" or "Elders", according to the pattern defined by the Apostle Paul in his epistles to the New Testament Church.
By a "plurality of elders", and not by "one man rule" or by "congregational rule", our Church receives the godly counsel and direction of men of God, tried and tested over years of faithful service "feeding the flock of God" and defending them against the wiles of the devil.
Ours is a congregation of God's people, bonded together by the Saviour's love, and a common purpose: "to know Christ and to make Christ known", to labour together with God in His vineyard during the short day remaining, while the Lord tarries, before He returns.
Statement of Faith
The doctrine of Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship shall be in accordance with the system commonly called "The Reformed Faith", as expressed in the Confession of Faith, together with the Larger and Shorter Catechisms which Confession and Catechisms are similar to those set forth by the historic Westminster Assembly.
In abbreviated form, the chief tenets of the doctrines of Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship, apart from the Apostles' Creed, shall be as follows:
a. We believe in the divine, Verbal Plenary Inspiration (Autographs) and Verbal Plenary Preservation of the Scriptures (Apographs) in the original languages, their consequent inerrancy and infallibility, and as the perfect Word of God, the Supreme and final authority in faith and life.
b. We believe the Hebrew Old Testament and the Greek New Testament underlying the Authorised (King James) Version to be the very Word of God, infallible and inerrant.
c. We uphold the Authorised (King James) Version to be the Word of God - the best, most faithful, most accurate, most beautiful translation of the Bible in the English language, and do employ it alone as our primary scriptural text in the public reading, preaching, and teaching of the English Bible.
d. We believe in one God existing in three co-equal and co-eternal Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
e. We believe that Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man.
f. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but sinned through the Fall of Adam, thereby incurring not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and become sinners in thought, word, and deed.
g. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died an expiatory death as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who repent of their sins and believe in Him are justified before God on the grounds of His shed blood.
h. We believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His exaltation at the right hand of God, where He intercedes for us as our High Priest and Advocate.
i. We believe in the personal, visible and pre-millennial return of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to judge this world and bring peace to the nations.
j. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith, not by works, and that all who repent and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God.
k. We believe that Christ instituted the sacrament of Baptism for believers and their children and the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper, which shall be observed by His Church till He comes.
l. We believe in the eternal security, bodily resurrection, and eternal blessedness of the saved and in the bodily resurrection and eternal conscious punishment of the lost;
m. We believe in the real, spiritual unity in Christ of all redeemed by His precious blood and the necessity of maintaining the purity in doctrine and life according to the Word of God and
n. We believe in the divine mandate by God not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers (2 Cor 6:14-7:1), and also disobedient brethren (2 Thess 3:6-15). We are to be a people called out and set apart from the world. Thus, biblical separation is a defining distinctive of the Bible-Presbyterian Church
Verbal Plenary Preservation of Scripture
The Session of Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship affirms and continues to uphold its stand in the Constitution Article 4.2.1 which states:-
We believe in the divine, verbal and plenary inspiration of the Scriptures in the original languages, their consequent inerrancy and infallibility, and, as the Word of God, the Supreme and final authority in faith and life.
This is further elaborated in the following tenets by Far Eastern Bible College, Singapore (published in The Burning Bush, January 2006 issue, Volume 12 Number 1) and embraced by Calvary Jaya Bible-Presbyterian Fellowship:
1. God has supernaturally preserved each and every one of His inspired Hebrew/Aramaic OT words and Greek NT words to the last jot and tittle, so that in every age, God's people will always have in their possession His infallible and inerrant Word kept intact without the loss of any word (Ps 12:6-7, Matt 5:18, 24:35, Mark 13:31, Luke 21:33, John 10:35).
2. The "providential" preservation of Scriptures is understood as God's special and not general providence. Special providence or providentia extraordinaria speaks of God's miraculous intervention in the events of history and in the affairs of mankind in fulfilment of His sovereign will for the sake of His elect and to the glory of His Name. The divine preservation of the Canon (books) and Text (words) of Scripture comes under God's special providence.
3. The Bible is not only infallible and inerrant in the past (in the Autographs), but also infallible and inerrant today (in the Apographs).
4. The infallible and inerrant words of Scripture are found in the faithfully preserved Traditional/Byzantine/Majority manuscripts, and fully represented in the Printed and Received Text (or Textus Receptus) that underlie the Reformation Bibles best represented by the KJV, and NOT in the corrupted and rejected texts of Westcott and Hort that underlie the many modern versions of the English Bible like the NIV, NASV, ESV, RSV, TEV, CEV, TLB etc.
5. There are no mistakes in the Bible, period. If there are "discrepancies" in the Bible, the "discrepancies" are only seeming or apparent, NOT real or actual. Any inability to understand or explain difficult passages in the Bible in no way negates its infallibility and inerrancy, applying the faithful Pauline principle of biblical interpretation: "let God be true, but every man a liar" (Rom 3:4).
6. Knowing where the perfect Bible is, is a matter of textual recognition and NOT textual criticism. In the field of textual recognition, Burgon is good, Hills is better, Waite is best.
7. The Chinese Union Version (CUV) is the "Word of God" for the Chinese people today since it is the best, most faithful, most reliable, and most accurate version among the Chinese versions presently available. Great care ought to be taken not to undermine our Chinese brethren's confidence in the CUV. Nevertheless, versions or translations are never superior to the inspired and preserved Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek Scriptures; thus there is a need to consult these original language Scriptures for clarity and fullness of meaning, and to compare Scripture with Scripture.